Brand owners are experiencing enormous rewards for becoming environmentally responsible. By implementing an intelligent, ecological strategy, corporations have achieved stunning results:
- A measurable contribution to a sustainable environment.
- A greener bottom line attained through material reduction and process refinement.
- Consumers’ awareness that the company is aligned with socially responsible actions.
- A positive acknowledgment from the corporate Board of directors as well as shareholders.
The terms, green, sustainable, and ecologically friendly are bantered about, often misused, and frequently misleading.
Sustainable packaging is manufactured using substrates that have a neutral effect on the planet’s ecological system, acting to preserve our environment with positive consequences on the populace. Ideally an environmentally prudent packaging life cycle would encompass material sourcing, manufacturing, transportation, consumer usage and reprocessing. The object is to use materials that are recycled, are recyclable, biodegradable, or, possibly, compostable. These materials are then converted and re-processed via environmentally clean processes, using minimal energy resources and transport volume.
Initiating a sustainable packaging proposition.
- Assess the packaging design premise to establish which materials represent the key influence in minimizing your package impact.
- Analyze existing structure, footprint, substrate, and print/deco specifications.
- Evaluate materials with higher recycled content from acknowledged sources.
- Examine the manufacturing consequences of package design on clean converting methods, energy sources, transport fuels, and eventual disposal of materials.
- Initiate the re-design, alternate material selection, package component testing, revised specifications and quality assurance.
- Strategically source and track verification.
IBC Shell Packaging also imports hand crafted products by artisans located throughout the globe. Our commitment is to produce the finest articles available, to perpetuate these rare skills, and to foster the use of sustainable materials.
The increased weather abnormalities: rising temperatures and water levels, arctic melting, firestorms, erosion, crop damage and loss, quakes and various metaphorical locusts – all and infinitely more are due to the Earth’s crying out for intelligent decisions that are already beyond late.
Norman Kay CEO